01 January, 2011

Week Forty Four: Pan Roasted Mushrooms




I was in the grocery store buying salmon when a chef was demonstrating this recipe. Intended as an appetizer, my husband and I enjoyed the mushrooms as our dinner with a rosemary olive oil bread, dipping it in the remaining liquid. So delicious!

1 lb cleaned mushrooms (I like baby bellas but any mushroom will do)
3 garlic cloves, whole, peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
splash of white wine
salt and pepper to taste

In a heavy bottom skillet heat oil and garlic on hi, until garlic is browned.  Remove garlic - the recipe said to discard, I used the soft cooked garlic as a spread on the rosemary bread. Either works. Add mushrooms, parsley - mix and cover.  When steam starts to appear, uncover and let the mushrooms brown. When brown, add wine and add the rest of the parsley and salt/pepper to taste.  Remove mushrooms from liquid to serve. As I mentioned, we saved the liquid and enjoyed dipping the good bread in it!
~one body, one life~
Jennifer