28 September, 2010

Week Thirty: Sexy People Eat Sexy Food

What is sexy?  Is it the clothes we wear?  Is it a certain body type?  Is sexy a state of mind?  This is such a personal question that I know if I ask ten people I will likely hear ten different answers, but I still like the question.  And more than liking the question, I like my answer - sexy people eat sexy food.  Yes, I believe that sexy people eat sexy food.  I have spent hours talking with people about food, observing people when they food shop, and when they eat.  All of these observations and conversations have me convinced that the sexiest people are the people who eat the sexiest food.  
What Sexy Is Not (necessarily)...
Sexy is not tight buns and big...biceps.  Sexy is not sweating in the gym day after day to build bigger, stronger muscles.  Sexy is not running/walking mile after mile each week to stay thin.  Sexy is not starving your body.  Sexy is not skinny.  Sexy is not fat.  Sexy is not eating a McDonald's hamburger "for the protein", and certainly not for the taste.
What Is Sexy...
Sexy is confidence.  Sexy is taking time to care for the body, and the mind (hint: this is the reason we women adore our male yoga gurus).  Sexy is engaging in new challenges.  Sexy is not being afraid of change.  Sexy is people eating, growing and buying sexy food.
What Sexy Food Is Not...  
Sexy food does not come from mass farming where animals are treated poorly, injected with hormones, *grown* in cages and in poor living conditions.  Sexy food is not factory made food.  Sexy food is not food sprayed with poison so it can *look* perfect.  Sexy food is not artificial and preserved.  Sexy food is not several courses of an expensive dinner.  Sexy food is not a meal after a meal, that which we call dessert.
What Is Sexy Food...
Sexy food is what we consume because we care about ourselves and our planet, the very same planet that we want our children's children to thrive on.  Sexy food tastes delicious because it's fresh and grown naturally.  Sexy food is raised humanely and kindly.  Sexy food is a morsel of something sweet, just a taste.  Sexy food is disease preventative not disease causing.  Sexy food is grown on a vine, tree or in the ground - harvested each season with care by real people, on real farms.  Sexy food is often scratched, bumped, bruised and delicious exactly that way.
Yes, I know that sexy people eat sexy food because this is what people tell me.  They tell me when they feel their best, their most confident, their sexiest and it's when they are at their healthiest.  I hope you can find your sexy food and that you love it as much as I think you will.
~One Body, One Life~
Jennifer